Saturday, July 25, 2020
Dear CCC community,
We hope that your families are well and we continue to support one another other during these times of uncertainty with courage and hope. We are very excited and blessed to have an almost completely brand-new campus as a venue for our students “to develop their spiritual, intellectual, moral, physical, and creative potential and to respect the diversity among them and in the world beyond” (CCCHS Mission Statement). We are looking forward to seeing our students through Blended Learning “On-Campus” or at “At-Home.” The main goal of this communication is to introduce the FAQ document with responses to your questions and provide an update on calendar changes based on the new beginning of the school year.
In our last communication, we shared with you the change of start date to Monday, August 24, 2020. We also asked you to submit a DOSP waiver and the Initial Intent to Return Option Form indicating your option and helping us to plan accordingly. We appreciate the submitted waivers and initial intent responses. We hope to have all submissions by this Monday, July 27. If you are undecided and in need of additional information, please answer “Option 3: Undecided”. You will be contacted by the administration to address your individual questions.
The CCCHS COVID-19 Response Task Force has been working diligently to develop the “CCCHS Re-Opening of School Plan.” This plan will include specific, new guidelines to operate the school this year. This document will be communicated on August 4, 2020. In the meantime, we have prepared a FAQ document that includes a summary of the questions received from our CCC community regarding our return to school. We hope that these answers help you to prepare for the beginning of the school year. Given the Covid-19 pandemic, information can change from moment to moment. This is a “living document” that conveys up to date responses. Questions are clustered in the following groups: (A) Health and Safety Considerations; (B) Education Considerations
In terms of calendar updates, the following events have new dates or are new to the calendar since we adjusted the start date to Monday, August 24. These events are for “On-Campus” and “At-Home” students. “At-Home” students will receive additional communications with specific directions once their status has been approved and prior to these events. The orientation sessions are mandatory and will address new health and safety protocols including a walk through the New Blended Learning schedule. These sessions will provide students an opportunity to find their classrooms on our “new campus” with access to the new 300A building and new walkways. We are very excited and blessed to have an almost completely brand-new educational facility where our students can learn and grow.
In the meantime, please plan accordingly based on the following dates:
- Athletics – Statewide fall sports start date has been suspended until further notice. All summer workouts/conditioning activities may continue. These activities remain completely voluntary as no official practices or tryouts may be conducted. The sports impacted are cross country, cheerleading, football, golf, swimming and volleyball. Tryouts for volleyball will be rescheduled no earlier than August 24. If you have any questions, contact John Gerdes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freshmen Orientation – Friday, August 21 from 8:00 to 11:00 AM. Check-in starts at 7:45 AM
- Sophomores Orientation – Friday, August 21 from 12:00 to 3:00 PM. Check-in starts at 11:45 AM
- Juniors Orientation – Thursday, August 20 from 8:00 to 11:00 AM. Check-in starts at 7:45 AM
- Seniors Orientation – Thursday, August 20 from 12:00 to 3:00 PM. Check in starts at 11:45 AM
- Transfer Students Orientation – Transfer students will be joining their grade level orientations and will have a follow-up session with School Leadership members on Tuesday, August 25 during period H.
- “At-Home” Student Orientation and directions – TBA
- Parent Meetings for all grades – TBA
- Parking Sales – Online requesting- further directions will be communicated soon.
Lastly, a reminder to our freshman and transfer students, their iPad pick-up dates are still on Monday, August 3 and Tuesday, August 4. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Muñoz, our Director of Educational Technology, at email@example.com. He has sent directions already to activate the students’ ccchs.org email accounts and the process to pick-up their iPad.
You can find all communications related to COVID-19 on a dedicated space on CCCHS website. Please continue to respond with questions and feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you individually or as a group in our next communication based on the content.
We appreciate your support and patience during these challenging days and invite you to live our motto for the year each day: “With courage and hope, we will make it together!”
In God’s provident care,
Dr. John A. Venturella, President
Mr. James W. Deputy, Principal