CCC is a faith-based community that believes service is an integral part of the spiritual and moral development of each person. Our faith models itself on the Person of Jesus Christ who said,
“Whoever wishes to become great among you must be your servant… For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:43-45).
Therefore, we require our students to complete service hours in order to help them grow in their appreciation of the importance of service to our world and to encourage them to integrate reaching out to others in their daily lives.
- All student volunteer service hours and experiences will now be documented on ManageBac in conjunction with the CAS (Creativity, Activity and Service) component of the IB program. Hours and experiences will be verified and overseen by administration. Students will receive direction on how to document their experiences through their homeroom teachers.
- In addition to the Pre-approved Service Sites Document, all current and ongoing student volunteer experiences that the school is made aware of will be published to a shared document that will be visible to students, parents and the greater community so students always have opportunities available to them that will suit their interests, abilities and availability.
- Please refer to the attached document for a quick overview of CCCHS Student Volunteer Service Program and to the Parent Student Handbook for full details.
- Incoming freshmen may receive credit for up to 25 service hours during the summer prior to becoming a student at CCC. Transfer students may carry over hours documented at their previous high school pending approval from administration.
- Homeroom teachers will provide time periodically during the year to assist with student questions regarding service, publicize various service opportunities, monitor student progress and ensure students meet service deadlines. Religious Studies teachers will assist students with the Reflection component of service from time to time in the student’s Religion class.
- Please contact Mr. Hamacher (email@example.com) with any student service related questions.