When you want to begin looking for a private high school in Clearwater, it can be difficult to know where to start. At Clearwater Central Catholic High School, we know that tuition is a big factor to take into consideration. We also understand that, as a parent, you want to be absolutely sure your child likes the school and that it is a good fit for them. Life can get hectic, but we must always strive to make the time for what is important—especially our children’s faith and education.
How to Find the Best Private High School
Once you have made the decision to enroll your child in a Clearwater private high school, you must also decide whether or not you would prefer one with a religious ministry. While some religious schools limit their enrollment, at Clearwater Central Catholic High School, we welcome our non-Catholic brothers and sisters with open arms. As always, faith is immensely important to us, but we believe education is just as important; we make it our goal to evangelize, not proselytize.
We want to help you find the best private school for your child, which is why we recommend doing some research ahead of time. If you only have a set amount of time to meet with the admissions office, we advise planning your questions ahead of time. Look on the school’s website and get familiar with the basics, such as their tuition fees, academic program and the curriculum. This will allow you to ask deeper, more substantial questions in the meeting. To best help you, we’ve compiled a list of questions that might be helpful to ask:
- What are your core values? Every Clearwater private high school, religious or not, should have core values that they aim to live by. Here at CCCHS, our core values are “living faith, embodying respect, valuing service, and inspiring excellence.” We strive to incorporate those values into everything we do on campus.
- How do you use technology to facilitate advanced learning? Recently, with the help of generous donations, we were fortunate enough to be able to install Smart Boards into every classroom on campus. We also require each student to bring an iPad, as many of our textbooks come in the form of e-books.
- What is the teacher to student ratio? At CCCHS, we want each student to receive the individual attention they deserve, which is why we keep the ratio at 15:1.
- Is there a program for gifted students? As a Clearwater private high school, we offer honors, Advanced Placement, and the International Baccalaureate Program to above-average students. While the IB program is inclusive, students are able to choose which classes to take at the honors or AP level.
- Are there programs to assist struggling students? We have a large tutoring program that includes both peer and faculty tutors. From fine arts to IB, we are able to provide ample assistance with any area of study they are having trouble with.
- How do private high school students’ SAT and ACT scores rank against the state/national average? We are proud to say that our students consistently score higher than both the state and national averages on all standardized tests.
- What emphasis is placed on college preparation? At Clearwater Central Catholic High School, we are exceptionally proud of our School Counseling Program, which helps our Marauders determine what their God given gifts are. It also assists them to find which college major and career would be the best fit for them. In turn, 99% of our senior class enrolls at a college or university, and each year our seniors received millions of dollars in scholarships.
Why Choose a Catholic Private High School?
We do not teach because our students are Catholic; we teach because we, ourselves, are Catholic. Teaching was at the heart of Jesus’s ministry, and regardless of our students’ faith, we believe that everyone can benefit from a Catholic private high school education in Clearwater. Our motto, Tolle Lege, or “Take Up and Read,” reflects this idea; we recognize how tremendous a gift our faith is, but we just as strongly recognize the power of knowledge.