Clearwater Central Catholic High School iPad Information
School Year 2019-2020
Every student and teaching faculty member utilizes an Apple iPad at CCC, a device that enhances our students’ learning and overall educational experience and prepares them for college and beyond. All incoming students will receive an iPad from the school as part of their tuition and fees. This iPad is insured and book- and app-ready. Parents do not need to purchase an iPad or textbooks, as those are already purchased for the students as part of the Educational Resources program. **The school retains ownership of the iPad until the student graduates, at which point the iPad (and all apps and textbooks) is released to the student. **
Some of the core objectives of this program are to:
- enhance textbooks and other printed materials
- provide an organized note-taking platform
- provide an online research tool
- provide a platform to facilitate individual and group work
- provide access to a learning management system for managing homework, class assignments, quizzes and tests
- provide a platform to access academic resources in order to build digital literacy skills
Clearwater Central Catholic High School remains committed to providing its students with the best education possible, equipping them with the knowledge and tools they will need both now and in the future. Not only is the iPad a formidable tool in advancing learning, but it also makes the classroom experience more dynamic and engaging for our students.
Withdrawal from the School– Parents have the financial obligation to pay the remaining balance towards the iPad and insurance when you withdraw your student. Amount will vary depending on time of withdrawal.
Not Re-Enrolling- Parents have the financial obligation to pay the remaining balance towards the iPad and insurance when you do not re-enroll your student:
- At the end of the freshman year, if not re-enrolled for sophomore year- $630.00
- At the end of the sophomore year, if not re-enrolled for junior year- $420.00
- At the end of the junior year, if not re-enrolled for senior year- $210.00
Other Information: Parents are responsible for purchasing the iPad case. We ask that parents not purchase anything for the iPad until your child has received the iPad; this will ensure you will purchase the correct accessories for the iPad your child has received. When the time comes to purchase a case, please purchase a case sturdy enough for everyday handling. There is a $100 insurance fee every time the iPad must be repaired, so it is best to purchase a case that can withstand constant drops. A keyboard is not necessary, but your child may find it easier than typing with the on-screen keyboard. The Apple Pencil ($99) is available at Apple retail stores, as well as many electronic stores, such as Best Buy. While not necessary, the Apple Pencil may benefit your child as many classes require students to complete work right on the iPad.