The Clearwater Central Catholic Athletic Hall of Fame, established in 2001, recognizes those individuals who have made a significant contribution to the school by demonstrating exceptional ability and sportsmanship on the playing fields, commendable scholarship in the classroom, high quality leadership on the campus and elsewhere and who after leaving CCC have established a personal reputation for character and citizenship in the community in which they reside.
The purpose shall also be to further remind each new generation of athletes of the tradition they must strive to uphold and the ideals that they should strive to realize while they are attending Clearwater Central Catholic High School.
The Clearwater Central Catholic High School Athletic Hall of Fame exists to ensure that the history and tradition of the school, as well as the contributions of individuals, is celebrated. Its purpose is to honor, pay tribute to and perpetuate the memory of those individuals who, either through participation, support or interest, have made outstanding contributions in the field of athletics or helped Clearwater Central Catholic High School in its pursuit of integrity and excellence.
The Class of 2017-2018 was inducted on September 29, 2017
Bruce Baker – ’66 Football & Baseball, David Veghte – ’86 Soccer & Golf, Cory Boyd – ’88 Football & Baseball, Doug Martin – ’90 Soccer, K.C. Gavin – ’03 Girls Basketball & Softball, and John Davis – Head Football Coach.
Nominations Now Being Accepted for the class of 2018-2019
The Clearwater Central Catholic Athletic Hall of Fame is accepting nominations for the induction class of 2018-2019. Any previous nominees that were not selected will be automatically considered for the next five years, after which they will be placed on a secondary consideration list.
Criteria & Nomination Form
Nomination forms must be received by March 28, 2018 to be considered for the 2018-2019 induction. Please refer to below regarding the criteria. Individuals must be nominated by someone other than himself/herself and all nomination forms must be sent to the following address:
Ms Alexandra Diaz
Assistant Director of Advancement
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
2750 Haines Bayshore Road
Clearwater, FL 33760
(727) 530-5652 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view or download the HALL OF FAME NOMINATION FORM
The CCC Athletic Hall of Fame Committee will consist of the members shown below. The President of Clearwater Central Catholic High School will appoint all committee members and select the chair of the committee.
- Athletic Director
- Director of Alumni Relations
- Director of Advancement
- Current Coach
- Alumni Representative
- Current Faculty Member
- At Large Representative From the CCC Community
Due by March 28, 2018
- Athletic Director
- Current & Former Coaching Staff
- Advancement Staff
- Current CCCHS Hall of Fame Inductees
Criteria and Selection Procedures
- There are three categories in which a person may be nominated for the Hall of Fame.
- Student Athlete
- Candidates for the Athletic Hall of Fame can be nominated only by CCC’s President, Principal, and Athletic Director, Current & Former Coaches, Alumni, Advancement Staff, Faculty, Staff, CCC Hall of Fame Committee member and past Hall of Fame inductees.
- All candidates that are in the student-athlete category must have graduated from Clearwater Central Catholic High School.
- There shall be a maximum of five (5) inductees per year from the Student-Athlete category and a maximum one (1) inductee per year from the Coach/Administrator/Contributor category.
- Student-athletes who meet the induction criteria automatically become eligible for Hall of Fame induction five (5) years after their senior year at Clearwater Central Catholic High School.
- Coaches become eligible for the Hall of Fame after a total of five (5) years of coaching at Clearwater Central Catholic High School. Coaches that are still coaching at CCC are not eligible for nomination/selection until they are no longer coaching at CCC.
- Administrators/Contributors become eligible when they are nominated by the appropriate selected group (President, Principal, Athletic Director, Alumni, Faculty, Staff, Current or Former Coaches, past CCC Hall of Fame inductee or a CCC Athletic Hall of Fame Committee member).
- All nominees for induction should have exhibited in their daily life the character and commitment to the Mission and Philosophy of Clearwater Central Catholic High School.
- Nominees for induction into the CCC Athletic Hall of Fame shall remain on the primary consideration list for five years. After the fifth year, if nomine has not been selected for induction, he or she will be placed on a secondary list. Nominees can be reinstated to the primary list upon request from a committee member.
- Selection into the Clearwater Central Catholic Athletic Hall of Fame is by 75% vote of the committee
- Nominees should be an active supporter of Clearwater Central Catholic High School (i.e. volunteer, participant in activities, or a donor to school).
- The Athletic Hall of Fame Committee reserves the right to reorganize or change the criteria and selection procedures at any time.