CCC Wants to Help Your Student Become a Marauder!
Tuition at Clearwater Central Catholic High School continues to be an excellent value. For some, we realize that it may put a strain on your family budget. We encourage any family in need of assistance in providing for a Catholic school education to their child to apply for need-based financial aid. Our Tuition Assistance Program is income-based and open to all students by making application. In the application process we utilize Facts Financial Management to determine need as objectively as possible. Last year CCC provided over $375,000 in financial assistance grants to approximately 20% of our families. Award amounts depend on the level of need and available funds. Tuition assistance is awarded only for the current year and must be requested each new school year. Only need-based aid is provided by CCCHS.
How To Apply For Tuition Assistance
- All families (new and returning students) applying for tuition assistance must file with Facts Financial Management click here. Para información en Español porfavor haga click aquí. For new students you will need to create an account. For returning students, you will use the information you set up last year.
- We will receive notification from Facts Financial Management after your form has been completed.
- Clearwater Central Catholic offers tuition assistance from its operating budget as well as from separately funded endowment accounts.
- PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be submitted no later than March 31, 2018 and ALL documents uploaded to FACTS no later than April 16, 2018.
Other Resources For Tuition Assistance:
Florida Tax Credit Scholarship: “Step Up for Students” – This program is available to all Florida residents who have children in grades K-12 and meet the Step Up maximum income requirements.
- NEW FAMILIES: If you are a new family interested in the income-based scholarship for the 2018-19 school year, please click here to sign up for our interest list to receive updates on when you may apply. We expect to begin accepting new applications in late winter/early spring.
- RENEWAL FAMILIES: We are now accepting applications for renewal families for the 2018-2019 school year! To begin your 2018-19 application or to submit any supporting documents for the 2018-19 school year, please click here and select the appropriate school year from the drop-down. Please note: In previous years you may not have been required to submit documents for eligibility determination. However, changes in processing this year will require that you submit documents for your student(s) eligibility determination. Applications are processed in order once the online portion has been completed and required documents are received.
AAA Scholarship Foundation (AAA), a private non-profit organization, is an approved Florida Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO). AAA awards annual scholarships (up to $5,886 for 2016-17) to eligible students entering eligible grade levels from eligible households to help them attend an eligible private school of their choice. The scholarships for private schools are for tuition and fees. An AAA family may NOT accept a scholarship from more than one state voucher or other Tax Credit Scholarship program for the same time period. Please visit http://www.aaascholarships.org/parents/florida/ for more information. As of 3/15/2017 the paper application for new AAA Scholarship applicants is available here. SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR AAA SCHOLARSHIP IS APRIL 20TH 2018
Please Note: Step Up Scholarships do not cover 100% of school tuition and fees. Step Up can not be combined with AAA Scholarships.
McKay Scholarship: This scholarship is available to all students currently in the Florida Public School system that has a qualified IEP or 504 Plan for specific learning issues. See Florida School Choice.
Please Note: McKay Scholarships do not cover 100% of school tuition and fees.
Catholic Parishes: Parents who are registered in a Catholic parish may see if tuition assistance is available through their parish. Families, who wish to be considered for tuition assistance from their parish, need to submit the Financial Assistance App 2018-19 to the Director of Enrollment Management, Mrs. Tara Shea McLaughlin, by April 15, 2018. After this time a list will be sent to each parish with the names of the families requesting assistance. The parish will then evaluate each request and return their decision to CCCHS.
Catholic School Tuition Assistance Grant: Catholic students whose families fit the financial eligibility profile are eligible for tuition assistance from the diocese. All Catholic families that have applied for FACTS will automatically be evaluated by Catholic School Tuition Assistance Grant. All FACTS information must be completed by April 15, 2018. Notification regarding the decision of the diocesan committee is mailed from the diocese prior to the start of the new school year.
Mary C. Forbes Foundation: Mary C. Forbes Foundation is a private foundation offering assistance to active practitioners of the Roman Catholic faith. The award of Mary C. Forbes scholarships is based significantly on financial need. Applications available in the Business/Finance office and are due April 30, 2018.
Jim White Memorial Scholarship Award: The Jim White Memorial Scholarship Award is available only to Clearwater Central Catholic students who are from a practicing Catholic family and have financial need as verified by FACTS or similar service. Please read the Criteria Jim White 2018-19 to see if you qualify for this Scholarship Award Criteria. If you meet the criteria and want to submit an application, click Jim White Mem App Form 2018-19. Deadline to submit application is April 30, 2018. Priority is given to families that are parishioners at St. Patrick’s or St. Jerome’s.
Weinhusen Scholarships: (Must be a parishioner at St. Ignatius) PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PROCEDURES HAVE CHANGED! St. Ignatius will once more be offering the Wienhusen scholarships for children to attend Catholic Grade or High Schools. These scholarships can give up to $3,000 per child per year of tuition support for Catholic Grade School and up to $5,000 for Catholic High School. If your family received this scholarship last year, you still need to apply for the 2018-2019 year. Stop by the St. Ignatius parish office for new forms and the new procedure directions and guidelines. All registrations must be completed and received by FACTS by April 1st to qualify.
Most Common Reasons That Tuition Assistance Is Denied:
- Failure to meet established deadlines.
- Failure to complete the application process by not providing FACTS with required, correct documentation.
- Income exceeds allowable standards (No demonstrable need).
There are circumstances we all go through that are temporary. Sometimes these occur at critical moments of a family’s growth. As a community we want to assist you. Perhaps you can help in the future for another family in need. That’s what it means to be a community of faith.
For questions about financial assistance, please contact Mrs. Judy Eurton, (727) 531-1449 ext. 317 or firstname.lastname@example.org