The World Language Department strives for intercultural communication and understanding through the study of Spanish. Clearwater Central Catholic High School promotes the dignity and worth of other people by teaching students to communicate in a language other than English, by helping our students gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures, and by familiarizing with multilingual communities at home and around the world.
The World Language Department Goals
Upon the completion of his or her course of studies in World Language, Clearwater Central Catholic High School graduate will be able to:
- Write to communicate competently for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Communicate using standard Spanish grammar, usage, sentence structure, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling.
- Read and engage intellectually and sympathetically with Spanish literature.
- Strengthen his or her vocabulary.
- Function in a Spanish speaking culture.
- Use the language for a lifetime of personal enjoyment and enrichment.
- Appreciate the role of Hispanic culture in a global context.