Physical Education Department Philosophy
The personal and social benefits of good health habits and physical fitness are increasingly important today. The Physical Education Department provides students with opportunities to learn about lifelong, healthy lifestyles.
The Physical Education Department reflects the same ideal as the mission of the school – the education of the total person. With this in mind, the department emphasizes physical, mental, and spiritual development through participation in physical activities and by learning the principles of physical fitness.
Physical Education Department Goals
The student will:
• Demonstrate competency in many, and proficiency in a few, movement forms from a variety of categories.
• Identify, analyze, and evaluate movement concepts, mechanical principles, safety considerations, and strategies/tactics
..regarding movement performance in a variety of physical activities.
• Participate regularly in physical activity.
• Develop and implement a personal fitness program to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
• Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
• Value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.