The White Family Center for the Arts is home to the James B. White Performing Arts Theater as well as the school’s fine and performing arts programs. This architecturally significant building provides creative spaces for students to pursue their passion for the arts, on stage and off.
The James B. White Performing Arts Theater, named for class of 1993 alumnus James. B. White, is lined with red plush cushioned seats, a fly loft, backstage dressing rooms, make-up area, stagecraft scene shop, TV Production studio, indoor lobby/gallery and classroom space. The 4,500-square-foot lighted canopy greets all visitors with a Broadway atmosphere as they enter the theater.
The fine arts wing of the White Family Center for the Arts is fronted by the beautiful Mattox Family Legacy Courtyard with its soaring, imagination-inspiring canopy. The fine arts wing contains a ceramics classroom equipped with potting wheels and kiln; a drawing and painting classroom; and a photography and film processing space.
Across the courtyard is a multi-use space which is used for music instruction and practice as well as school meetings, conferences and events.
The White Family Center for the Arts was formally named and dedicated on November 18, 2004 by Bishop, Robert N. Lynch, Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Joseph & Jo Ann White
James White ‘93
Lauren White ‘95
Megan White ‘96
Next Theater Performance
Nunsense – HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Performing Arts Department Goals
Upon the completion of his or her course of studies in Performing Arts, the Clearwater Central Catholic High School graduate will be able to:
- Appreciate diversity and the exploration of the human experience.
- Develop a sense of community and social responsibility.
- Advance their own mental, emotional and social growth through their artistic expression.
- Negotiate life in the real world through the refinement of interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.
- Appreciate the fact that as many ways as we humans are different, we share common bonds and can connect with everyone on some level, bringing new understanding and compassion to our lives.