Performing Arts touches all aspects of acting, theater history, dramatic criticism and stagecraft, and heavily emphasizes the basics of acting including characterization, intention, movement, given circumstances and conflict. The Performing Arts course includes lecture, projects, monologue and scene work and Productions range from one act plays to major productions.
The CCC Thespian Society promotes skills and knowledge of theater arts and encourages personal growth and creative thought in its members through educational theater. The club also entertains and educates its audiences with plays of many periods and genres. Theater productions are staged at The James B. White Performing Arts Theatre, on the CCC campus.
Next Theater Performance
March 1-3, 2018
Performing Arts Department Goals
Upon the completion of his or her course of studies in Performing Arts, the Central Catholic High School graduate will be able to:
- Appreciate diversity and the exploration of the human experience.
- Develop a sense of community and social responsibility.
- Advance their own mental, emotional and social growth through their artistic expression.
- Negotiate life in the real world through the refinement of interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.
- Appreciate the fact that as many ways as we humans are different, we share common bonds and can connect with everyone on some level, bringing new understanding and compassion to our lives.