The arts feed the soul as well as the emotions and add to the development of the whole person. The Fine Arts Department encourages students to participate in their own learning process. Students explore creative problem solving, divergent thinking, and become active participants in their world rather than mere observers of it. Students acquire perception and understanding in a way that only the fine arts can encourage.
- Use creative and critical thinking skills in aesthetics, art criticism, art history and art production.
- Appreciate global classical and contemporary art.
- Develop an open attitude toward artistic creation.
- Develop an awareness of art related issues and the impact of images on individuals and society.
- Experience and appreciate diversity in art expression.
- Explore mythological, spiritual and religious themes in art.
- Learn about inner landscapes.
- Confidently share artistic talent with the community.
- Facilities allow for ceramics, drawing and IB art classes.
- Students have an opportunity to use critical thinking skills and creativity in the study of art and art production.
- World culture becomes fascinating through art.
- Students successfully compete for art awards and scholarships at local, regional and national levels.
- The CCCHS Chapter of the National Art Honor Society was recognized at the National Art Educational Association program for recognition of excellence.
- Art teacher has a master’s degree.
- Portfolio Honors is offered for students wanting to pursue art in college
- Students have access to digital media which includes Mac’s, the latest Photoshop program and an Epson UltraChrome K3 printer.